Envato Elements – Template Kits BETA Terms
Hi, we’re Envato Pty Ltd (we, our) and thanks for beta testing our new Envato Elements – Template Kits WordPress Plugin. This plugin enables you to access ‘template kits’ and other content. A template kit is a collection of tailored templates designed for use with a specific WordPress page/site builder. Together, our plugin, template kits and other content are called our Service.
Our Service is still in a beta trial. While our intention is to transition to an active product at the end of the trial period, we cannot guarantee the Service will continue in any form after the trial is over.
You acknowledge that we’re still developing and building the Service so we’ll be changing it from time to time (or may even cancel your use and recall the service completely), and errors and faults are possible. You also agree to follow our guidance on use of our products from time to time.
We grant you a limited license to make use of any of the templates you have imported, as described below.
You are permitted to:
- import, customise and use the templates;
- use the templates in a project created on behalf of a client (remember, that client will be bound by the terms of this license);
- use the templates to create website that are for commercial purposes; and
- combine the templates with other works to form a derivative work (the resultant works are subject to the terms of this license).
However, you’re not permitted to:
- re-distribute any of the templates or template kits ‘as is’ (even if free of charge);
- re-distribute any modified versions or derivatives of the templates or template kits as stock;
- use any of the templates in any automated ‘website builder’ type of tool or any other application allowing an end user to create a website as part of an ‘on demand’, ‘made to order’ or ‘build it yourself’ service; or
- register or claim copyright ownership in any templates or template kits (including where modified).
We may terminate your license immediately if you breach the terms of this license.
External Service & Tracking
We use an external service that we created to provide the templates, assets and related content to the WordPress Plugin. The service is currently hosted on https://wp.envatoextensions.com/.
If you accept our terms, we record your email address, your website address, your acceptance of the terms and if you have decided to opt into receiving marketing emails from us.
As of version 0.0.9 or later, when your website communicates with our service we record the version of our plugin that you are using and the templates that you have requested.
Disclaimers and liability
The template kits and templates on our site have been created by third parties. As we didn’t create the template kits (or templates) ourselves (and aren’t charging you to download and use them!), we’re making them available to you on an as is basis and without warranties of any kind. Without limitation, we do not warrant that the template kits or templates (or anything created by you using the template kits or templates) are (or will be) original or that they will not infringe the intellectual property rights, including trademark rights, of third parties.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, we exclude liability to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) arising from or in connection with your use of the Service, including any customised use of or any template or content made available via the Service. If we cannot exclude liability, then our total liability to you is limited to $10 USD.